The Frank Ritter Memorial Ice Arena opened its doors in 1968, after the formation of the RIT Men’s Hockey team. Talks to build the arena started in 1955, and it was one of the original buildings at RIT during its move from the downtown campus to Henrietta. The arena, named after Frank Ritter, one of the founders of Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute, celebrated its 44th anniversary last year. It is currently home to RIT Men’s and Women’s Hockey until the new Gene Polisseni Arena is complete.
Share, Comment, & Like!