RIT Reimbursement for Expenses

The RIT Expense Reimbursement responsibility (found through both the myinfo and mybiz websites) is used for reimbursing university employees.  This process is not currently used for reimbursing students, vendors, or for travel reimbursements.

RIT Reimbursement for Expenses Set Up Instructions

If you are using the application for the first time, you will need to choose your default reimbursement method. If someone else will be entering your expenses, you will also need to designate them as a requestor.

1: Go to http://myinfo.rit.edu and click on the "Click here for Employee Self-Service and Approvals" button. Login using your RIT computer account user id and password. If you don't know your user id or password click on "Forgot Username?" or "Forgot Password?".

2: Do you need to allow someone else to have permission to enter travel expense reimbursements on your behalf?  If no, skip to step 3. From the Oracle homepage, select “RIT Reimbursement for Expenses", then “My Expenses Home.” In the middle of the screen near the top, you will see a link that says “Access Authorizations.” Once you have clicked on that, a new page will load and you should select the button on the left hand side that says “Add another row.” A white box will pop up with a magnifying glass next to it. Click on the magnifying glass, a pop up box will come up. (No pop up box? Temporarily disable your pop-up blocker.) Search by the last name of the person who you would like to enter for you; do not enter their first name. Click in the circle next to the name of the person who you want to designate, click on select. Then click the save button. Note: If you have already delegated RIT Reimbursement for Travel to someone, the delegation will carry forward to RIT Reimbursement for Expenses.

3: How do you want your reimbursements made to you? Via a paper check or direct deposited to the account your payroll is set up with? From the Oracle homepage, select “RIT Reimbursement for Expenses", and then “Select Expense Payment Method.” Click on the “Add” button at the bottom of the screen. On the next screen, use the drop down box to select the reimbursement method—“AP Check” will have a check sent to your home address and “Payroll Direct Deposit” will have the payment direct deposited to the account you have your pay going to (if you have more than one account, it will go to the account where your “remainder pay is going”). The Payable Set up if you want to set up an entirely different bank account. If this is the case you will need to send AP a direct deposit form.

4: You are now set up to self enter your payments or to have someone else enter on your behalf. If someone is entering on your behalf, you will still need to approve the submission before it can continue on the approval path to accounts payable. Original receipts will still be required for purchasing by AP in order to complete the reimbursement process. You will receive an email once the expense is entered and you need to take action. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Barb Thome at 475-7221.


Frequently asked questions

How are the expenses routed for approval?

If the reimbursement is entered by a staff member for a faculty member, it will go to the faculty member for approval first, then to the faculty member’s manager. If the expense is less than $25, the direct manager of the employee can approve the expense. If it is $25 or greater, the expense will go to the manager and then follow the purchasing hierarchy for the department. If the direct manager is already on the hierarchy, the reimbursement will not escalate further.

If I grant entry authorization to another person, can they change my reimbursement method or see my banking information?

No to both – each person has to set up their own banking information and only that person can see the details

If I am entering for another person, can I view the report after it is submitted?

Yes all reports for yourself and the individuals who have granted you entry authorization can be viewed from your “My Expenses Home” page, whether you entered the report or not.

Should the application be used to reimburse students?

The application should not be used to reimburse students. Students should still be reimbursed by using invoice payment forms or petty cash slips.

Are original receipts still required?

Yes, original receipts are still required, but will be maintained in your home department. You will need to attach a file of your scanned receipts directly to the online expense request. Please do not attach receipts individually.

What if I need to charge another department or college?

You can charge another department by changing the account line on the “Expense Allocation” screen. The expense will automatically be routed according to the purchasing hierarchy of the department you are charging.

Can I enter mileage via this system?

Yes. On the “Cash and Other Expenses” screen you can click on the blue tab that says “Mileage Expenses” and enter your mileage. Be sure to include the business reason for your travel in the justification field.

Which reimbursement method should I use now?
Student (including Student Employees)
Continue to use Petty Cash
— N/A —
RIT Expense Reimbursement System
RIT Expense Reimbursement System
Online Reimbursement for Travel Expense


How do I attach the receipts?

FIrst, scan all your receipts and save as one document. At the 'review' phase of the expense report,on the line labeled 'attachments', there is an ADD button. Click and a window will pop up with a Title, Description and Category. Fill in each section with something that is meaningful to you. Below that is where you will attach the saved file. Click 'Browse' and your desktop will open. Choose the appropriate folder, click on the file name, click 'Insert' and the file will be attached.