This introductory workshop in the SPARC program is designed to provide Principal Investigators and staff responsible for grant and contract administration with an understanding of RIT and sponsor policies and procedures related to the management of externally funded projects. Attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to begin to manage sponsored projects as well as where to obtain assistance when questions arise.
1) The regulatory environment that dictates how sponsored projects are to be managed
2) Compliance requirements
3) A review of roles and responsibilities for various post award tasks
4) An overview of processes and procedures for recording transactions on sponsored projects
5) The most useful Oracle reports to assist with monitoring expenses
6) An overview of accounting for cost share commitments
7) An overview of indirect costs and facilities and administrative charges.
This session is supported by the RIT Accounting Department.