The following applies to RIT community members who are on-campus, not quarantined, and are not showing symptoms of COVID-19.
The health and safety of our staff are critical to continue serving the RIT community during the COVID-19 pandemic. To increase social distancing for RIT Dining staff, we have made the decision to initiate a limited menu and one location for all take-out meals beginning Monday, March 23, 2020. This will be in effect until further notice.
This decision was not made lightly. We have evaluated the current campus population and assessed our kitchen equipment and layouts to best implement social distancing for the safety of our essential employees to prepare, cook, and serve food. The limited menu and limited locations will allow us to protect the RIT community as cautiously as possible.
The following will begin Monday, March 23:
- The Café & Market at Crossroads and The Corner Store will be the only locations open until further notice.
- The Café & Market at Crossroads will serve as the only location for take-out meal service. A daily menu will be available at dining.rit.edu/daily-specials and will accommodate Halal and Vegetarian dietary needs. Vegan, Gluten-Free, and other allergen-free meals will be available upon request.
- Customers are encouraged to pick-up all meals for the entire day at once to limit the number of interactions. Hot meals and microwave-safe meals will be available.
- Designated standing marks will be placed 6 feet apart to ensure social distancing.
- The Corner Store will operate as is with increased health safety measures to limit the number of people in the store and self-checkout will be implemented to limit potential exposure.
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to bring their own food to campus.
- All RIT Dining locations are cashless. Payment options include Tiger Bucks, Dining Dollars, Credit/Debit, and Apple/Google Pay. All meal plans have been converted to Dining Dollars.
- Hours and menus are available at dining.rit.edu.
- Customers who need special accommodations may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep up to date on the latest RIT COVID-19 information at rit.edu/coronavirus.