Roasted Carrot Vinaigrette
Yield- 1 Quart
3 each Carrots, peeled & sliced
4 cloves Garlic, smashed
1 Large Shallot, sliced
5 each Thyme sprigs
2 Tbsp Olive oil
To taste Salt & Pepper
1 cup Cider vinegar
1 cup Salad oil
¼ cup Olive oil
1 cup Ice wine
1 tsp Dijon
2 Tbsp Agave
Splash Lime juice
To taste Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, toss carrots, garlic, shallot, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Spread out onto a sheet pan and cook for 20 minutes, or until tender. Please note that you do not want a lot of color on the carrots.
- Cool the vegetables. Remove the stems from the thyme.
- In a blender, puree the vegetables. Add the remainder of the ingredients to the blender, one at a time, saving the oil for last.
- When it is time to add the oil, drizzle it in slowly in order to keep the mixture emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking, serve with your favorite salad.
Ice Wine BBQ Sauce
Yield- 1 Gallon
As needed Canola oil
1 each White Onion, chopped
1 each Carrot, chopped
½ each Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
10 cloves Garlic, smashed
7 oz Green chiles, canned
2 oz Chipotle pepper, canned
1 pint Ice Wine
8 oz Dr Pepper
1 Qt Beef Stock
2.5pound Diced tomatoes, canned
1 pint Ketchup
1 oz Molasses
1 cup Cider Vinegar
¼ cup Honey
½ tsp Liquid smoke
1 ¼ oz Red hot
½ cup Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Salt
1 ½ tsp Chili powder
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
½ pound Brown Sugar
½ cup Tomato Paste
- In a 6 quart saucepan, sweat the onion, carrot, jalapeno, and garlic in enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan for five minutes, or until tender.
- Add in the chiles and chipotle pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the ice wine and Dr. Pepper to the vegetable mixture and bring to a simmer. Let reduce by half.
- Add the remainder of the wet ingredients. Whisk to combine. Let simmer for an additional 20 or so minutes. Please be sure that your vegetables are soft.
- Next, puree the mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Put the blended mixture back into a saucepan, on low heat.
- Add the dry ingredients. Whisk to combine, making sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Optional: If you would like a thicker sauce, you can add more tomato paste or add a cornstarch slurry.
- Serve hot or chill and save for a later date!
Ice Wine Slaw Dressing
Yield- 1 Quart
2 cups Mayo
¼ cup Casa Larga Ice wine
1 Tbsp. sugar
¾ cup Distilled White Vinegar
1 teaspoon Celery Salt
1 tbsp. Lime Juice
Zest of 1/2 lime (chopped)
1 ½ Tbsp. Honey
1 Tbsp. Chipotle Peppers (from a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, buzzed)
1 package of pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- In a small bowl, mix sugar with distilled white vinegar and ice wine until sugar dissolves
- In a medium sized bowl, mix mayo, seasonings, lime juice, honey and pureed Chipotle peppers
- With a whisk, mix in the vinegar, wine and dissolved sugar to the mayo
- Toss coleslaw mix in dressing and refrigerate before serving
Roasted Red Pepper Ice Wine Soup
Yield- 2 Quarts
3- 16 oz. jar of Roasted Red pepper (drained)
1 white onions (diced)
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
½ Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
½ Tbsp. Onion powder
½ cup Casa Larga Ice Wine
1 quart vegetable stock
¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
½ Tbsp. sugar
Salt to taste
- Sweat onions and garlic in a sauce pan on medium until onions are translucent
- Add the roasted red pepper, allowing to cook for 20 minutes while stirring
- Add vegetable stock to the pot and cook for 10 minutes on low heat
- Take off the stove, transfer to blender
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth
- Put the blended soup back into the pot on low heat
- Add dry spices and ice wine to the pot
- Cook on low for 10 additional minutes
- Season with salt to finish