RIT Dining Safety and Compliance Training
RIT Dining is committed to safety, compliance, and training to ensure the safety of our staff and guests. As a part of the RIT Dining family, we care about your health and safety. Our kitchens can be busy, hazardous places for those who are not accustomed to that environment, so we ask that you pay close attention during these federally mandated compliance trainings and follow all policies and procedures that have been put into place for the safety of our employees and guests.
Important: Please do not take these trainings unless instructed to do so by a RIT Dining manager or supervisor. This is only for employees who have completed all the appropriate hiring paperwork.
For questions regarding employee training, please contact Stacey Clements, Safety, Compliance and Training Manager, at email@example.com or by calling (585) 475-4031.
If you need help accessing the online courses, contact the Center for Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 585-475-5313.
- Links to online trainings are below. Please note: These trainings may not work properly on a tablet. You must allow pop-ups on the desktop to take the training.
- You will need your RIT account username and password to log in (same username and password that you use to access your RIT email account).
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) requires that all employees take safety training within the first 30 days of hire and annually thereafter.
- Convenience Store Student Employees - Employees who work in Bytes, Corner Store, or The Market at Global Village must take:
- Newly Hired Student Employees - Required classroom training for employees new to RIT Dining that must be completed within your first 30 days of hire:
- Let's meet! Choose one of our many class options here. You must attend one to continue working.
- Returning Student Employees - Required annual training for all returning employees.
- Welcome back! A safe workplace is an ongoing challenge. Please complete the Returning Employee Online Training to stay fresh on important policies and procedures.
- Student Employees Who Handle Cash and Credit Cards
- Any person who handles cash or credit card information is required to complete Safe Cash Handling and Register Training before handling cash or credit cards. This training must be completed annually.
Full and Part Time Staff
- Annual Compliance Training - This training is for staff only and must be completed annually. This training should not be completed by student employees.
- Safe Cash Handling and Register Training - Any person who handles cash or credit card information within RIT Auxiliary Services is required to complete this online training before handling cash or credit cards. This training must be completed annually.