RIT Dining Safety and Compliance Training
RIT Dining is committed to safety, compliance, and training to ensure the safety of our staff and guests. As a part of the RIT Dining family, we care about your health and safety. Our kitchens can be busy, hazardous places for those who are not accustomed to that environment, so we ask that you pay close attention during these federally mandated compliance training and follow all policies and procedures that have been put into place for the safety of our employees and guests.
Important: Please do not take these trainings unless instructed to do so by an RIT Dining manager or supervisor. This is only for employees who have completed all the appropriate hiring paperwork.
For questions regarding employee training, please contact Stacey Clements, Safety, Compliance and Training Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (585) 475-4031.
- Links to online trainings are below. Please note: These trainings may not work properly on a tablet. You must allow pop-ups on the desktop to take the training.
- You will need your RIT account username and password to log in (same username and password that you use to access your RIT email account).
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) requires that all employees take safety training within the first 30 days of hire and annually thereafter.
- Convenience Store Student Employees - Employees who work in the Global Village Market or The Corner Store must take:
- Newly Hired Student Employees - Required training for employees new to RIT Dining. This training must be completed within 30 days of hire:
- Returning Student Employees - Required annual training for all returning employees:
- Returning Student Employees
- Discrimination and Harassment (Including Title IX) for Student Employees must be completed annually
- Student Employees Who Handle Cash and Credit Cards
- Any person who handles cash or credit card information is required to complete Register and PCI Compliance before handling cash or credit cards. This training must be completed annually
Full and Part-Time Staff
- Annual Compliance Training - This training is for staff only and must be completed annually. This training should not be completed by student employees.
- Register and PCI Compliance - Any person who handles cash or credit card information within RIT Auxiliary Services is required to complete this online training before handling cash or credit cards. This training must be completed annually.