Facilities Management Services will design, construct, and maintain an exceptional and cost effective living, learning and working environment.
Facilities Management Services will be recognized for excellence in everything we do.
- We will listen carefully to understand the needs and concerns of others and value their input.
- We will make every verbal and written effort possible to ensure the consistent and timely upward, downward, and lateral flow of information.
- We will communicate professionally and not allow the use of inappropriate language or gestures.
- Our word will be our bond...honesty and integrity our way of doing business.
- We will do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
- We will be "mission impossible" oriented, overcoming any obstacle preventing us from doing what needs to be done.
- Dedication and hard work will be our hallmarks.
- We will continually look for new and better ways to accomplish our responsibilities.
- "That's the way we have always done it" will never be the reason for continuing to do something.
- We will recognize the need for formal on-going education to better learn our craft and will individually, and collectively seek out such opportunities.
- Creativity and flexibility will be highly valued.
- The buck stops with us. We are each personally responsible for all of RIT's buildings and grounds and we will take the initiative to do anything and everything necessary to keep them in first class condition.
- When notified of a problem we will respond as soon as possible and it will become our problem until it is resolved.
- We will look, speak, and conduct ourselves professionally at all times.
- We will consistently maintain a pro-active, "can-do" attitude.
- We will approach our work in an organized, logical fashion--planning our work and working our plan.
- We will maintain our tools and out equipment in a state of readiness, capable of responding to both our daily tasks and any emergencies.
- Pride in our accomplishments and responsiveness will be our hallmarks.
- We will earn the respect of students, faculty, staff, and co-workers by our dedication to providing them with outstanding service.
- We will earn the respect of vendors and outside service providers by clearly stating our expectations from them and treating them as "partners" working toward the same objective.
- We will provide a mutually supportive and positive working environment.
- We will conduct ourselves courteously at all times.
- We will show the same level of respect to those we work and who work for us, as we do to those we work for.
- We will be known as consummate team players with a focus on working well with everyone.
- We will seek the satisfaction of "a job well done" in every activity.
- We will require vendors, service providers and co-workers to provide quality products and services because nothing less will be accepted.
- We will learn and practice the safe use of equipment and products.
- We will provide and wear the appropriate clothing and equipment required for working safely.
- We will ensure that service providers follow safe work practices.
- Service to others is our reason for existing.
- The needs of those we serve, not the clock, will dictate our service schedule.
- Our customers will be made to feel comfortable and confident that we will provide a physical environment that meets their needs.
- We are dedicated to and take pride in consistently providing a clean, well maintained, and properly functioning environment that allows students, faculty, and staff to meet their (not our) needs.
- RIT's buildings and grounds represent the Institute's largest asset and it is our job to ensure they are well maintained and to optimize their value over the longest possible time frame.
- We will continually evaluate how and why we use certain products, vendors, and outside service providers to ensure that the Institute's resources are directed to those who provide the highest value over the long run.
- We will ensure that a competitive purchasing process exists and to that end will attempt to have two or more products, vendors, and outside service providers in each category capable of meeting our needs.