Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)

Vocational Rehabilition (VR) support is received by Student Financial Services (SFS) for charges posted to student accounts which typically include tuition, fees, room, and board charges.  SFS cannot accept any authorizations for non-billed charges such as off-campus housing, books, or supplies.

Unless pre-determined, the authorization should be submitted for full time tuition and fees.

Each term, an authorization to bill must be submitted to the SFS office, prior to the due date to alleviate unnessesary late fee assessment to student accounts.  The authorization(s) should include;  

  • Student’s name and University ID number (UID)
  • Specific charges and terms VR will pay
  • VR contact information including name, phone, and address
  • Purchase order/authorization number 

Authorization forms should be submitted directly to SFS.

Office of Student Financial Services
25 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623

(585) 475-5307


Once an authorization or purchase order is received for the term, SFS will apply a credit to the student account for the applicable charges.  PELL, NTID/RIT Grant-In-Aid, and NYS TAP will reduce tuition charges eligible for VR support.  The VR Counselor should complete a Fund Reallocation Authorization Form if you would like a student to be able to utilize the above tuition-specific awards for other expenses (i.e. room & board), allowing us to apply the full amount of your authorized funds for tuition.



Mail checks made payable to RIT to:
Student Financial Services
25 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623

We accept electronic payments; you must submit an EFT form to our Accounting office. Please contact us for more information.

Please reference the student name and/or University ID number to ensure payments are posted accurately.

Additional Authorizations for RIT, non-SFS charges

Financial Aid Information Exchange:

Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
56 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 475-2186 
Fax: (585) 475-7270


Books and Supplies:

Barnes and Noble @ RIT
100 Park Point Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 424-6766 option 6 for relay
Fax (585) 424-6716


Explore Your Future program:

Explore Your Future
52 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 475-6700 
Fax: (585) 475-7460


Audiology Supplies:

Audiology Services
52 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 475-6866
Fax (585) 475-7910
Email:  Contact: Melisa Loysen


Enrollment Deposit Waivers:

NTID Admissions
52 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 475-6700 
VP: (585) 743-1366


Common Questions:

I am a VR counselor - why am I getting two bills?
SFS sends a billing statement to each student through eServices. Students can authorize up to 3 users to have access to their account. If they have granted you access, you will receive a copy of the invoice sent to the student for their portion of the balance.  Third party (VR) invoices are mailed (or can be emailed) directly to the sponsor listed on the authorization.
What if VR overpays a student account?
SFS will refund any amount over the authorized amount placed on the student account due to overpayment or for a students’ departure from the institute during the term. RIT will require a W9 form for all refunds.
What if VR does not pay?
Unpaid VR balances will be charged back to the student account at the end of the term if payment arrangements are not made with SFS. It will then be the student’s responsibility to pay the balance due.
Why is the student not receiving the full amount that I authorized for tuition support?
The student may have Pell, RIT/NTID Grants or NYS TAP which must be applied to tuition first before applying VR support.
For example: Tuition for a full-time, undergraduate NTID student is $7,570 and VR authorizes $3235 to be paid towards tuition charges. However, the student receives a Pell Grant of $2887 and a NYS TAP award of $2582.50. SFS must apply the Pell Grant and TAP award first, which reduces tuition charges to $2100.50. Therefore, SFS is only able to bill VR for 2100.50 even though $3235 was authorized for tuition.
If you would like the student to be able to utilize the Pell or RIT/NTID Grants for other expense (i.e. room and board), please complete a Fund Reallocation Authorization Form.
The student I am supporting is on Co-op this semester. What charges will they be billed for?
RIT does not charge any tuition or mandatory fees for a semester in which a student is on Co-op, unless the student has also enrolled in classes. If the student is still living on campus, they will have room charges and likely board charges as well.
Why do I have a late fee?
It is possible that we have not yet received an authorization form from your VR sponsor or that the authorization we received did not cover the entire balance owed. If you have been assessed a late fee and have VR support, please contact our office for further assistance.
How do I know if VR paid?
Any VR support that you are receiving will be listed under Third Party Tuition, Fees, Room or Board on the “Term Activity Document” within eServices. Please be aware that this does not mean that VR has submitted payment to SFS, just that we have received an authorization for the semester. If VR does not pay the amount that was authorized, this will result in a chargeback of the unpaid amount to your student account which you would be responsible to pay.
Why do I still owe after VR paid?
The authorization that we received from your VR counselor did not cover the entire balance owed. The remainder that is due is your responsibility to pay as the student. If you believe that you should have received more VR support than what is reflected on your student account, you will need to contact your VR counselor.
Can I sign up for a payment plan for the balance due?
Students can enroll in a payment plan through eServices. The payment plan is calculated based on the balance due at the time of enrollment in the plan. If you are expecting VR support, your plan will be adjusted once the authorization is received and posted to your student account.