How to Enroll
How to enroll in a co-op you found on JobZone
If Career Services posts a co-op on JobZone, the process is very straightforward provided you have met the requirements for co-op.
- Go to https://www.rit.edu/emcs/oce/student-home
- On the left hand side, you'll see a "Report to Us! Please" section.
- Click "Your Co-op Job".
- Log-in with your RIT username and password and complete the form.
After you report your co-op via JobZone, Career Services notifies the IGM Office. IGM then enrolls you in IGME-499 (undergraduate) or IGME-699 (graduate). Enrollment on SIS happens typically one week after you report the co-op via JobZone. Because IGM handles enrollment, students CANNOT enroll themselves in IGME-499 or IGME-699 on SIS.
How to enroll in a co-op you found outside of JobZone
If you find a job not posted on JobZone, that's not only OK, but it's great that you have reinforced your job hunting skills! Still, you need IGM approval and to gather the following:
- a formal job description (e.g., job posting link or formal description from your employer)—the job must relate to your field of study
- the type and amount of compensation, e.g., hourly rate, stipend, or other way(s) the employer will compensate you
- the number of hours will you work (either total or hours per week)—for hours per week, please also indicate the number of weeks
For Undergraduate Students:
Send this information to the IGM Undergraduate Program Coordinator Anthony Jefferson. If the position is approved by the IGM Undergraduate Program Coordinator, you will need to report the co-op via JobZone using the instructions found above in "How to Enroll in a Co-op you found on JobZone."
For Graduate Students:
Send this information to the IGM Graduate Program Coordinator Jessica Bayliss. If the position is approved by the IGM Graduate Program Coordinator, you will need to report the co-op via JobZone using the instructions found above in "How to Enroll in a Co-op you found on JobZone."