The Golisano Institute for Sustainability (GIS) is a multi-disciplinary organization at RIT that undertakes applied research, industry-driven innovation, and advanced technology transfer. We work with a variety of industrial and government customers to develop and deploy new technologies in pursuit of more efficient and sustainable products and processes.
- Short term technical consultation or problem investigation
- Production process improvement, re-engineering or process innovation
- New technology validation, scale-up or implementation
- Proprietary or collaborative applied research
- Unique corporate sustainability partnerships
- Customized executive sustainability workshops and workforce training
We have a diverse set of capabilities around the deployment of new technologies for more efficient and sustainable products and processes. As an applied research institution, our focus is on providing practical knowledge and implementable solutions for our partners. Our technical team, most of whom have prior experience working in industry, are free from academic responsibilities, allowing us to work exclusively on your deliverables and time frames.
Golisano Institute for Sustainability includes several instructional areas, which may occasionally be utilized for sustainabilty-related events or training. If you are looking for a location to host your event or meeting, we may be able to accomodate your request. Room options range from small meeting rooms to a conference center seating up to 400, with state-of-the-art technology capabilities including integrated audio-visual equipment, BlueJeans installations, and 3D simulation.