In addition to our research and development, we can also provide small-batch epitaxial services to companies that do not have the need for large-scale production.
NPRL researchers have over 30 years of R&D experience with compound semiconductor epitaxial crystal growth, as well as optical and electronic device design and characterization. With a broad skill base and commercial-scale equipment for growing, processing and/or characterization of compound semiconductor materials and devices, we can provide the low-cost, rapid epitaxial services you need to fit your business.
What We Offer
- Low-cost, rapid prototyping of small scale compound semiconductor wafers and devices for researchers, companies, and universities
- Fee-for-service payment model for growth, processing or characterization of compound semiconductor materials and devices
- Additional customer and/or research support services are available for standard and or customized growth of optical or electrical device structures
Facilities, Equipment & Capacity
Newly established in 2017, NPRL’s III-V epitaxy and processing equipment, including an Aixtron Close Coupled Showerhead (CCS) MOCVD, offers the following capabilities:
- 3x2”, 1x3” and 1x4” wafer sizes
- Epitaxy of III-V compounds of Al, Ga and In with P, As and Sb
- In-situ diagnostics
- Advanced materials design and device simulation for a variety of applications
- III-V processing and characterization through the RIT Semiconductor Microsystem Fabrication Lab and the NanoPower Research Laboratories
Interested in learning more about our epitaxial services? Contact Dr. Seth Hubbard today.