In this four-day hands-on seminar, Rochester Institute of Technology brings together some of the leading experts in forensic document analysis to explore the latest printing processes and security features being used to authenticate documents as well as to replicate them.
Work with professionals from the U.S. Secret Service, SICPA, Foster + Freeman, Appvion and others to learn to properly identify a document as either genuine or counterfeit. This seminar, now in its 16th year, has historically attracted people from all over the world, including those from forensic document labs, border agencies, international banks, research foundations and more.
“It's a great program and very useful for all FDEs. The detail and information received was excellent. In addition, the contacts with other FDEs and specialists is always beneficial. You have someone you can reach out to for help.”
– Jim Hayes, forensic consultant at Hayes Forensic Consultants
- Participate in hands-on sessions using instrumentation to determine document authenticity.
- Learn how to identify imaging characteristics of traditional and non-impact printing systems.
- See what printing processes look like when documents are printed on a variety of everyday items.
- Learn how to evaluate the imaging process, ink and substrate used in a document.
Who Should Attend
- Questioned document examiners
- Forensic document examiners
- Forensic scientists
- Fraud investigators
- Government employees who work in or with crime labs
The 2017 program includes hands-on sessions and presentations concerning digital printing techniques, instrumentation, inks and more. Please use this link to look at the current program agenda, October 2017 Agenda »
RIT has made arrangements for seminar attendees to reserve rooms at a special rate at the following hotel; however, we suggest you make your reservations as soon as possible. A shuttle will be provided to take you to and from either of these hotels.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Rochester
1111 Jefferson Road, Rochester, NY 14623; 585-475-1658
The special rate reserved for seminar attendees is $119/night. Code is 'PAL'
- Note that rooms will be held only until September 15. After this time, rooms are reserved on an as-available basis
Booking Link: http://group.doubletree.com/RITForensicSeminar
Please note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly.
Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Group Name: Forensic Seminar at RIT
Arrival Date: 16-Oct-2017
Departure Date: 20-Oct-2017
Online registration for this program is available below. For questions or additional information, please email Barbara Giordano or call her at 585-475-2687.