- Grants &
- Press &
Provost's Learning Innovations Grants
The Provost’s Learning Innovations Grants (PLIG) program was developed to broaden and enrich the learning experience of RIT students by funding faculty-initiated projects that enhance student learning. More than 200 RIT faculty projects have received funding since the program was initiated in AY 2000-2001 and all full-time RIT faculty (tenured, tenure-track, visiting, lecturers) are eligible to apply.
The launch of the Innovative Learning Institute (ILI) in 2012, and its charge to assist in the creation of exceptional learning experiences for students, led to a revitalization of the PLIG program to:
- Better support dissemination of results to RIT faculty
- Integrate funding with institute priorities
- Support the scholarship of teaching and learning
There are two types of PLIGs:
- Exploration Grants are funds for "proof of concept" investigations into the development, adaptation, or application of a new, different, or untried teaching approach, practice, or procedure.
- Focus Grants provide funds for faculty to develop, apply, and/or research an innovative mode or model of teaching and learning that directly supports an RIT priority.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments about Provost’s Learning Innovation Grants.