ITS employees approximately 275 student employees. For more information on the job opportunities available in ITS, please read the job descriptions below.
Job Descriptions of ITS Student Employee Positions
- Computer Lab Assistant: Assists with the routine operation and maintenance of ITS Lab Services supported computer labs. Provide assistance with computer hardware and software use to students, faculty, and staff.
- Tech Services Technician: Team members provide direct customer support for RIT faculty, staff, retires, and students using department and personal owned machines. This will include software, hardware, and networking connectivity. This is a customer service position, not a software development or programming position. You will be working one-on-one with end users to educate them, perform break-fix, as well as set up and configure systems.
- Service Desk Representative: Provides technical support, as a member of the ITS Service Desk, to the RIT Community.
- Operator Assistant: Skilled position assisting day-shift operator in monitoring of system consoles and operation of peripheral equipment.
- Communication Specialist Assistant: Work on day to day activities involved with maintaining the RIT campus voice and data network. This will include the monitoring of trouble calls that come into the office and working with Communication Specialists to resolve network problems and special assignments.
- Application Administrator: Details coming soon