ITS employees approximately 275 student employees. For more information on the job opportunities available in ITS, please read the job descriptions below.
Job Descriptions of ITS Student Employee Positions
- Computer Lab Assistant: Under the supervision of the Operations Coop, Office Coverage & Supervisory Assistants. Integral part of the routine operation of ITS Lab Services supported computer labs. Provide computer hardware and software support to Institute students, faculty, and staff.
- Desktop Support Representative: Under the supervision of a team leader, Desktop Support Representatives provide direct computer support to ITS customers. This will include software, hardware, and networking connectivity. This is a customer service position, not a software development or programming position. You will be working one-on-one with end users to educate them, perform break-fix, as well as set up and configure systems.
- Service Desk Representative: Provides technical support, as a member of the ITS Service Desk, to the RIT Community.
- Operator Assistant: Skilled position assisting day-shift operator in monitoring of system consoles and operation of peripheral equipment.
- Residential Computing Consultant: Provides technical support, as a member of the ITS Resnet Team, to students residing in RIT housing.