Assist System Administrator
Status: OPEN - Due to changing staffing needs ITS is frequently, although not always, hiring.
Deadline: On going
Start Date: Beginning of academic term
Position Type: Student Employment
Hiring Manager: Dianne Parker
Phone: (585) 475-6030
Available Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00 AM -12:00 PM; 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Apply Online at the RIT Job Zone (a secure link)
Responsibilities/Specific Job Duties
- Provides Tier 1 support to students, faculty, and staff. Relays questions to Tier 2 support when necessary.
- Ensures that all equipment is treated with proper care and is not removed without proper authorization.
- Logs equipment damage and malfunctions with management.
- Records required statistical information for reporting purposes.
- Provides assistance and support for printers, computers, and other equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Special Skills Required
- Excellent customer service attitude and strong communication skills.
- Experience with common computer software, hardware, PC and/or Macintosh operating environments.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable.
- Willingness to learn.