Get Help & Support
Get Help & Support
Ask ITS Self-Service Knowledge Base
Get answers to common ITS questions any time of day! Visit the knowledge base landing page for more information.
ITS Service Desk
The ITS Service Desk is your point of contact for your RIT Computer Account, network, or technology-related issues. We are here to:
- Troubleshoot your technology issues
- Create a work request ticket and connect you with ITS specialists
When you contact the ITS Service Desk by phone, e-mail, or in-person we create a ticket and share it with you. Your ticket allows you to track progress on your issue, communicate with us quickly, and refer back to the solution if you encounter the problem again. You can also leave us feedback on how we handled your problem.
Phone Support: (585) 475-4357
In Person: Frank E. Gannett Hall, Room 1113
Finding your MAC Address
During the course of troubleshooting, we may need your computer or device's MAC address.
A media access control address (MAC address), also called physical address, is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment. MAC addresses are used as a network address for most IEEE 802 network technologies, including Ethernet and WiFi.
You can find step-by-step instructions for obtaining your MAC address for the following systems:
Additional Info to Include in Your Ticket
Having additional details ready when you contact ITS might help us resolve your ticket more quickly. Handy information may include:
- Computer operating system and version
- Web browser name and version that you were using when you experienced a website issue
- You computer's IP Address
- Your computer's "Machine Name"
Common Help Topics
You can contact the ITS Service Desk directly for assistance with any of the topics below, or follow the links to find self-help information quickly.
Manage your RIT Computer Account at start.rit.edu
Your RIT Computer Account gives you access to all the online services and tools at RIT.
start.rit.edu is where you can manage your online identity, passwords, preferences, ID photos and more...
- Change Your Password
- I Forgot My Username
- I Forgot My Password
- Alumni Accounts
- E-mail and Google Apps Preferences
- Name, Photo, and Directory Preferences
Faculty/Staff E-Mail & Calendar
- Set-up Microsot Outlook on your Windows or Mac Computer
- Backup your e-mails
- Personalize your e-mail address
- Get your e-mail and calendar on your phone
- Set-up mail forwarding
- Check your e-mail and calendar on the web
Support & Guides for Mobile Devices
- iOS iPhones and iPads
- Android Phones and Tablets
Connecting to the RIT Network from Anywhere
Tutorials for ITS Managed Computers
Home Contact View
Mon - Thu: 7:30 A.M. - 9:00 P.M.
Fri: 7:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Sat - Sun: Noon - 5:00 P.M.