Servicing & Repairs Content
Servicing & Repairs
Service Level Guidelines
The table below provides the static rules to govern the establishment of service levels in a dynamic manner for customer requests within Network Communications. This table contains five elements, which are defined as follows:
- Priority – The level of importance of a request.
- Criteria – Factors to access to be classified in a particular priority.
- Response – Time when Network Communications will respond with a timeframe for resolution. Non-priority 1 notifications occur during business hours.
- Notification – Length of time before a status update is communicated.
- Resolution – Target time to resolve request in a particular category.
|1||Mission critical impact ' Large group or Institute area down with no alternative to conduct business. Multiple user outage or critical project timeline impact||Will respond within 1 hour to notify user that case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NetCom will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline|
|2||Non-mission critical impact ' Non-mission critical Institute area down with no alternative to conduct business or mission critical outage with alternative||Will respond within 2 business hours to notify user that case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NETCOM will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline|
|3||Single user issue - no circumvention available||Will respond within 1 business day to notify user that the case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NETCOM will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline|
|4||Single user issue - circumvention available||Will respond within 2 business day to notify user that case is being reviewed||Will provide notification at case completion. NETCOM will also notify user of all major changes in the expected timeline|
|5||Enhancement or new service / feature request||Will respond within 3 business days to notify user that case is being reviewed||As determined by project plan|
- Business hours are considered to be from 8:00am to 5:00pm Mondays through Fridays, on non-holidays.
- If a caller calls in to report a Critical problem, the caller is expected to provide contact information and remain available (or provide a backup) to work with Network Communications until the problem is resolved. If the caller is no longer available, Network Communications reserves the right to reduce the priority of the call to a Schedule priority.
- Requests for escalation of priority 2-5 issues will be directed to Associate Director of Operations; David Pecora, and/or the Manager of Network Communications; Greg Gardner.
Telephone & Repair Services
The maintenance and installation of telephone lines, phones, and other related equipment is provided by Telecommunications Services staff.
Any phone problems such as static on lines, no dial tone, damage to line cords, wall jacks, ringers and the phone itself should be reported to ITS Service Desk at x5-5800.
We will need the following information for prompt service when a "trouble call" is made:
- The phone number of the telephone that needs to be fixed
- The jack number(located on the top of the jack outlet)
- The building/room number
- Description of the problem
- Who we can contact and their phone number
Repairs are performed for all faculty, staff and resident hall student phones on campus. Repair service is completed by the next business day and is provided at no additional cost to users.
Public Telephones & Special Equipment Repairs
Courtesy telephones and Blue Light/Emergency telephones are also maintained by Telecommunications Services. These public telephones can be found at various locations on campus. If you know of a damaged or out-of-service emergency telephone, contact the ITS Service Desk at x5-5800 and let staff know the location of the telephone and a description of the problem.
Home Contact View
Contact RIT Service Center
Mon - Thu: 7:30 A.M. - 7:00 P.M.
Fri: 7:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Sat - Sun: Noon - 5:00 P.M.
In-Person support available Mon - Fri 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (Available only when classes are in session)