Used to connect to the RIT Exchange server from home without having to use VPN
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are setting up RPC over HTTPS off-campus (not on RIT's network), you MUST use RIT's VPN client.
Once setup and connection is successful, VPN is no longer necessary.
- Start "VPN Client" if you are off-campus. If you are on RIT's network, go to Step 2.
- Setup your email account using the instructions. When you complete these instructions, click the "Back" browser button to return to this page.
- Once connected, open Email Accounts dialog window by selecting Tools ->Account Settings
- On the "Email" tab, select the account that you just setup in Step 2.
- Click on the Change button to change the Exchange server settings.
- Verify that the checkbox for "Use Cached Exchange Mode" is checked, then click the More Settings button.
- Click on the Security tab
- Enable the checkbox for Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Click on the Connection tab and enable the checkbox for Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP and then click on the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- Type "mymail.rit.edu" in the first text box.
- Make sure that Connect using SSL only box is checked.
- Enter "msstd:mymail.ad.rit.edu" in the principal name for proxy server field.
- Verify that the bottom two check boxes are checked.
- Verify that the Proxy authentication settings is set to NTLM Authentication
- Click OK close the "Exchange Proxy Settings" window.
- Then click OK, Next, Finish and Close for the next 4 windows.
- Close Outlook, (disconnect VPN if it is connected) and reopen Outlook. You should now be able to connect to the Exchange server without using the VPN client.