Microsoft Entourage 2008 is a WebDAV-enabled client for Microsoft Exchange support on Mac OS X (see Microsoft Entourage Exchange servers and protocols for more details). It is available on RIT's Microsoft Campus license agreement for RIT-owned computers. Entourage can be purchased with Microsoft Office 2008 at an educational discount for home use by students, faculty, and staff from the RIT Campus Connections bookstore.
Entourage 2008 supports Exchange e-mail, personal calendaring and event invitations, and personal contacts. It has basic support for Exchange delegation.
Set Up Microsoft Entourage 2008
There are two similar, but distinct ways you may be setting up your account in Entourage: for the first time, or on a machine with other accounts already set up
Setting up Entourage for the First Time on a Machine
- Launch Microsoft Entourage 2008. Because this is your first time opening the program, the "Welcome" page of the Setup Assistant window will appear.
- Select the "Start using Entourage without importing anything" option and click on the right arrow button in the corner of the Setup Assistant window. The "Set Up a Mail Account" step appears.
- Enter your e-mail address -- ending in "@rit.edu" -- next to "E-mail address." For example, "firstname.lastname@example.org." As long as you are using RIT's Exchange mail system, we do not recommend filling in this field with any other e-mail address.
- Click the "My account is on an Exchange server" checkbox, and click the right arrow button to proceed to the next step.
- The following window may appear, click the right arrow again to continue setting up your account.
- Enter your full name next to "Your name." This is the name that will appear in the "From:" header of messages you send. For best results on the recipient's side, we recommend using only a first and last name, separated by a space.
- Type your RIT email address (e.g. email@example.com) in the email field.
- Fill out the following information, then click the right arrow to continue
- Exchange Server: mymail.rit.edu
- LDAP server: main-gc.rit.edu
- Turn on the "Use SSL for these servers" option.
- Click "Verify My Settings" to double-check the changes; if there are no errors, you may click the right arrow button to go on.
- You may get a warning that a script is attempting to access your address book. Click OK to continue.
Note: If Entourage is unable to connect, please make sure you are able to access other resources on the Internet, and that you have followed the instructions above carefully.
- When the Account Information window pops up, fill out the following information, then hit 'OK':
- Domain: main.ad.rit.edu
- Account ID: Your RIT computer account username - do not enter an e-mail address in this field
- Password: Your RIT computer account password
- Click on the right arrow button to move to the next step.
- Enter a descriptive name next to "Account name." The choice of name will not have any effect on performance. (We suggest "firstname.lastname@example.org (Exchange)" for this name.)
- Click the "Finish" button on the "Setup Complete" step to save your changes.
- In the menu bar, select Entourage>Account Settings
- Double-click on the Exchange account you just created; its name is in the list of accounts in the "Accounts" window. The "Edit Account" window appears.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab.
- Verify that "main-gc.rit.edu" is in the "LDAP server" field.
Note: The "main-gc.rit.edu" Global Catalog server is for the "main" domain (recall entering "main.ad.rit.edu" as the domain earlier). With "main-gc," you may or may not be able to look up accounts in other domains, if others are implemented at RIT.
- Verify the "This server requires me to log on" option is checked.
- Verify the "This LDAP server requires a secure connection (SSL)" choice is disabled.
Note: Encryption with SSL is not currently supported on "main-gc.rit.edu."
- Close the "Edit Accounts" window by clicking on the "OK" button. This saves your changes.
- Close the "Accounts" window by clicking on the close button in its title bar.
That's it! Entourage will synchronize its local database with your Exchange mailbox on the Exchange servers.
Depending on the amount of data -- mail, calendar events, contacts -- stored in your Exchange account, that synchronization may take minutes or hours. As information is synchronized, it will appear in Entourage's views. Entourage will indicate that Exchange data is being synchronized in the progress bar at the bottom right corner of the main window.
- Launch Entourage, and go to the menu option Entourage -> Account Settings.
- Click the "New" button in the Accounts window that comes up.
- Proceed as if setting up for the first time.