These instructions are designed to guide you through setting up your Pocket PC handheld device to communicate with RIT's Exchange environment, enabling you to access/edit Exhange Mail, Calendar, and Tasks.
Before Getting Started
- Make sure your Pocket PC handheld device is running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, version 4.21.1 or higher.
Tab Start → Settings → System tab → About icon
If your handheld device does not have 4.21.1 or higher, see your owner documentation for Operating System upgrade instructions.
- Make sure your wireless signal strength meter/indicator has 2 or more bars/circles.
- Tap Start
- Tap Programs, then Tap ActiveSync icon - You will see "Not Connected"
- Tap Tools (bottom left of the screen)
- Tap Options - You will see "PC Synchronization"
- Tap Server (bottom middle tab) - You will see "Server Synchronization"
- At "Sync with this server:", type in "mymail.rit.edu"
- Tap Options - You will see "Server Logon Credentials"
- At "User name:", enter your RIT Computer Account username (i.e. abcits or abc1234)
- At "Password:", enter your RIT Computer Account password
- At "Domain:", type in "main"
- Check "Save Password"
- Tap OK (upper right corner of screen) - This will return you to "Server Synchronization"