Vicarious Visions Application
The Vicarious Visions scholarships were established in May 2020 to provide financial support to meritorious students in degree programs related to game design and development in the Golisano College of Computing and the College of Art and Design and to promote diversity and inclusion in the field. These scholarships, the “Pathfinder” and “In it Together” scholarships are valued at $2500 each and will be awarded on an annual basis to students who meet the criteria for each scholarship.
Vicarious Visions is a game studio in Upstate NY that champion’s quality and passion, and this is best reflected in its people. Our philosophy combines creative innovation, with cutting edge technology with a collaborative culture. We live our values and want to recognize students that due the same. Our Pathfinder scholarship is for a student who boundaries of the expected and inspire others. They are never satisfied and embraces failures as lessons learned. There is always something new to discover for this fearless pathfinder.
In it Together Scholarship
Vicarious Visions is a game studio in Upstate NY that champions quality and passion, and this is best reflected in its people. Lovingly referred to as the VV Family, the diverse team is comprised of highly talented men and women who bring their personal expertise, creativity, and drive to every facet of the games and technology they create. VV wants to recognize students that make work fun and endeavor to be their best selves every day. Students who support each other, and embrace diversity and strive to include everyone through respectful and open communication.
- Scholarship applications and awards may be made for an entire academic year or fall/spring semester.
- Applicants must meet the requirements for each scholarship that they are applying for.
- If you have any questions, please contact the scholarship administrator at email@example.com or 585.475.2539.
The completed online application must be submitted by 11:59PM November 7, 2022. Recipient(s) will be notified by the end of the semester.
The application requirements include:
- Contact information for RIT faculty/staff reference
- 750 word essay that speaks to VV’s core values:
- We are in it together
- We are masters of our craft
- We are fearless pathfinders
- Link to portfolio (optional)
This scholarship will be awarded to students who meet the following criteria:
- Full-time enrollment in degree programs related to game design and development
- Minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA with a preference for 3.0 or higher
- Must have completed a minimum of two years of study and have earned a minimum of 55 credits.
- No evidence of student misconduct
- Recipient is required to write a note of thanks and must agree to participate in networking and industry related opportunities with Vicarious Visions (either virtually or in person).