Welcome to our fourth Marketing and Communications Quarterly Update. While reviewing the previous newsletters, I harkened back to the closing statement from my first Executive Exclusive column (last October): “RIT is on an amazing upward trajectory and occupies a truly unique position in the higher ed marketplace, bursting with creativity and innovation at the intersection of technology, the arts, and design. We are passionate and eager to create evolution and revolution of our practices that will help us shine an ever-brighter spotlight on this amazing university of which we are all so proud.” These words continue as our guiding “North Star” as we navigate forward.
Speaking of nautical allusions, we are extremely excited to announce that we are ready to set sail! As you will read in this newsletter, we have now:
- Completed rigorous research across our diverse target audiences;
- Aligned and informed our new brand strategy and creative platform with RIT’s vision/mission, strategic plan, and blended campaign;
- Crafted a clear and compelling brand “pyramid” embodying our brand proposition, values, personality, and drivers;
- Created a clear and compelling visual identity system and messaging map;
- Designed a brand architecture and logo system that unifies, integrates, and supports the RIT brand and the various units (e.g., colleges, centers, divisions, schools, departments, programs) that make up RIT;
- Designed website wireframes and visual systems to create a holistic and optimized user experience.
So that brings us to our launch!
- Sept. 27: Please save the date, because we will have a special kick-off event to begin RIT’s on-campus brand rollout. More details to come, but we hope to see one and all. Also, please keep an eye out for banners and bus wraps and more as we bring the brand to life on the Rochester campus. We hope you will be as enthusiastic about the launch as we are; the RIT brand needs a big “Go Tigers!” shout-out from our biggest brand ambassadors—you!
- January 2019: RIT will begin its first-ever national reputation campaign, utilizing paid, earned, shared, and owned (PESO) media to get the RIT story out to key audiences across the country and beyond. At the same time, we will be launching the new and unified RIT.edu website, beginning with our nine colleges, as well as Development and Alumni Relations and Enrollment Management.
We look forward to our continued voyage together this academic year!
VP and CMO