RIT facility and dining information for March 10 and 11
RIT is continuing to monitor the current situation surrounding the power outages impacting students who live on campus and those who live off-campus. Local officials are not certain how long the power will be out in various locations, but crews are continuing to work around the clock to restore it. The weather forecast calls for much colder temperatures tonight and through the weekend. In response to the current conditions and in support of our students who are impacted by the power outages, the following services/facilities will be operational this evening, March 10, and into tomorrow, March 11:
- Campus Center/SAU: Open all night tonight and all day tomorrow. Both public spaces and meeting rooms will be available for use. In addition, there will be spaces in the facility for students to rest for the night. Starting at 5 p.m., Campus Center Rooms 2610 and 2650 (Bamboo Rooms) will be available for students to rest and/or sleep. Mats will be placed on floor; please bring pillows and blankets. Please note, these hours may be adjusted if power is restored.
- Student Life Center: Open until 11 p.m. tonight and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. All amenities (restrooms, showers, common areas) will be available to students.
- Wallace Library: Open until midnight tonight and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Student Development Center: Open until 3 a.m. Saturday and reopens at 7 a.m. Saturday.
- RITZ Sports Zone: Open until 7:30 p.m. tonight and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner items throughout the day. Please note, these hours may be adjusted if power is restored.
- Brick City Catering: Snacks and beverages available starting at 7:30 p.m. tonight in the SAU Fireside Lounge.
- The Commons: Open until 7 p.m. tonight.
- Gracie’s: Open until 7:30 p.m. tonight.
- The Corner Store: Open until 2 a.m. Saturday.
- Sol’s Underground: Open until 11 p.m. tonight.
- Café & Market at Crossroads: Open until 6 p.m. tonight.
- The Market at Global Village: Open until 8 p.m. tonight.
- Midnight Oil: Open until 8 p.m. tonight.
- Global Village Cantina and Grill: Open until 8 p.m. tonight.
Other RIT Dining Services Hours and Locations: https://www.rit.edu/fa/diningservices/hours-and-locations
Safety for our students and the broader campus community is our primary concern. We know that students without power may be uncomfortable, and we hope that the options provided will help support students until the power is restored. We will continue to monitor this situation through the weekend and will provide an update via Message Center between 2 and 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
If you have an emergency, please contact Public Safety at 585-475-3333.