Test of RIT Alert complete. All clear.
RIT just conducted a test of RIT Alert, the emergency mass notification system. If this were a real emergency, you would have been provided with additional information about the emergency and any actions you would need to take.
The RIT Alert message was sent to the following:
- Text and voice messages to cell phones
- Alert beacons message and lights
- Message on web sites http://emergency.rit.edu and www.rit.edu
If you did not receive any text or voice messages to your cell phone, it may be because:
1) You opted out of the system.
2) Your contact information in Student Information System (SIS) or Oracle is missing or is incorrect.
It is not too late to sign up for RIT Alert! To learn more, including instructions on how to update personal emergency notification contact information, go to rit.edu/fa/buscont/content/rit-alert-emergency-notification-system.