$39.99 (online subscription)
Much More Than a Dictionary
For full information about the ASL Video Dictionary and Inflection Guide, including video examples of how it works and its many features, visit the project website.
The ASL Video Dictionary and Inflection Guide shows 2,700 signs in crisp color video and links them to sentences that demonstrate how they change to convey different meanings. This is critical because unlike English words, ASL signs change—inflect—from sentence to sentence to show different meanings. The sign for help, for example, can change to mean help me, help them, help for a long time, etc. This innovative dictionary not only shows you signs; you can see how they work in sentences and gain a true understanding of the language of ASL, not just a list of its vocabulary.
This powerful program has many interactive features to help learn and study ASL:
- 2,700 ASL signs and English equivalents
- 2,000 signs linked to at least one of 650 rich ASL sentences, along with English translations
- Similar Signs—signs that look alike—are separately grouped for easy comparison
- All signs and sentences performed by Deaf native signers
- Options for viewing the sentences that allow for receptive and expressive self-testing
- 1,000 signs grouped into 26 categories
- A complete help file to guide you
- An on-line text section that discusses both ASL inflection and ASL sentence structure, with video
- Works on both Macintosh and Windows platforms