For the first time, an ADHD assessment tool is available that you can use in diagnosing your deaf and hard-of-hearing clients. The ADSA-SLV is the first linguistically accessible ADHD assessment instrument designed for the deaf and hard-of-hearing population (age 17 and above). The interactive design is expected to increase the validity of the ADHD assessment in this population.
The ADSA-SLV was created at RIT/NTID by experts in deaf education and ADHD assessment: Ila Parasnis, Gerald P. Berent, Vincent J. Samar, Santo J. Triolo and Kevin R. Murphy.
The ADSA-SLV DVD:
- Features 54 items viewable in American Sign Language or English-based Sign Language (with or without voice)
- Includes signed items accompanied by English captions
- Stores client information and test results
- Provides numeric and graphic display of test data
- Offers printable test reports
- Includes test manual