The security of the information regarding your order is very important to us. We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol to protect the security of your online order information. SSL technology encrypts order information to protect it from being decoded by anyone other than RIT/NTID. Once you enter the checkout page your computer will begin communicating with our server in secure mode. You will know that you have entered the secure mode by the following:
- The “http” in the web address will be replaced by “https,” indicating that you've reached a secure area of the website.
- Only browsers that use the Secure Socket Layer protocol are able to order through our website. If your browser does not support SSL, you can get an upgrade at Microsoft’s or Netscape’s home page.
What Information Do We Collect and How Is It Used?
- Information that you submit to RIT/NTID’s educational materials site. You may decide to provide personal information on RIT/NTID’s product site. This “personal information” may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card information. You may be asked to provide this information when you register to create an account with RIT/NTID’s product site, to place an order on RIT/NTID’s product site, or to contact RIT/NTID’s product site with questions or comments. We use this information to complete your orders for merchandise, to provide customer support and to communicate with you.
RIT/NTID’s educational materials site will not disclose your personal information to third parties who are not our affiliates without your consent. We do not sell or exchange customer lists or customer information for marketing purposes with unaffiliated third parties.
RIT/NTID’s educational materials site may disclose personal information to government and regulatory authorities as permitted or required by applicable law, to enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of RIT/NTID’s educational materials site, our users or others.
- Automatically collected information. RIT/NTID’s educational materials site web servers automatically collect anonymous information about a visitor’s IP address, browser type and referrer by reading this information from your browser. This information is collected in a database and is used to help us recognize you each time you return to the site. This information is logged automatically by most websites.
- Information collected using cookies. RIT/NTID’s educational materials site may use various kinds of software devices, such as “cookies” to collect information about Internet use. These small files identify your browser and save information such as passwords so that websites can recognize you. You can set your browser to disable cookies, but some portions of this site (and other sites) may not work properly.
How Personal Information is Protected
RIT/NTID’s educational materials site maintains standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information, to protect personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Access to Your Personal Information
For access to correct or delete your personal information stored by RIT/NTID’s educational materials site, please log-in and click on the “My Account” link.
RIT/NTID’s educational materials site may, but is not required to, update this policy from time to time. Please periodically check this website for any changes.