Wireless for all participants: For instructions on how to access wireless internet at RIT, simply click on the network labeled “ritwpa2” from your laptop or smart phone. Then enter the username and password that were given to you when you check in at the registration desk.
Hardwire for Presenters Only: Presenters who are not RIT employees will have to register their computer’s Media Access Control # (the unique number assigned to any computer identifying it) when they check in before they will be able to connect to the network with a hardwire connection. If the presenter is using wireless access then they can just follow the instructions above for wireless access.
For a user self- setup, directions as follows:
- Connect your device to: rit_guest
- Open your web browser on your device
- Enter your 10 digit mobile phone number*
- Click on “I agree to RIT Terms” You will receive a text message with a PIN # on your mobile phone
- Enter your 4 digit pin on the web portal & Click Validate Pin
- You will be connected to the RIT Wireless Network
- After 24 hours, you will have to re-agree to RIT’s
Note: this will not work without a 10 digit cell number. ( i.e. with International numbers are not accepted.) If you have an International user I can manually register them myself