To arrange a meeting to discuss a prospective publication, please contact Bruce Austin, Director of the Press. Please note that RIT Press does not accept manuscripts currently under review elsewhere.
Submitting a Query
Your query should include a brief description of the proposed book and the intended audience for the book. If the Press team is interested in reviewing a formal proposal or full manuscript, you will receive an email from RIT Press.
Submitting a Book Proposal
Once you have received an email from the editor indicating an interest in reviewing your manuscript, review the Author Guidelines and Manuscript Checklist for instructions on preparing your materials for submission. See also A Short Guide for Writers Working on Manuscripts.
Your book proposal should include:
- A brief description of the book
- An outline and/or Table of Contents
- A minimum of three sample chapters, including front matter, or the complete manuscript
- A list of proposed images and/or illustrative materials
- The estimated word count, number of images and any additional materials such as appendices, bibliography, or charts/tables.
- Complete the Author Marketing Questionnaire and send along with your book proposal submission
- A list of two or three suggested reviewers for your subject area. Please provide contact information including email and phone numbers.
We will acknowledge receipt of your materials and contact you if further information is needed. The review process may take some time to process, but you will receive a definite decision within a reasonable amount of time.