- The business must be either founded by a member of the “RIT Family”, e.g. a student, faculty member, staff member, or alumnus; or
- have core technology in one or more of RIT's core technology areas which include:
sustainability, green technology, manufacturing, sustainable manufacturing, game design and development, film and animation, software development, information technology, cybersecurity, access technologies, aerospace, and imaging science, or Bio-X, among others.
- Be based on technology in renewable fuels or clean energy.
- The business concept must be scalable to at least $10 million in annual revenue.
- Generally, must be past technical “proof of concept” and be at seed or mid-seed stage in their development.