Higher Education Research Experiences at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (HERE at ORNL) provides research opportunities and associated activities for teaching and non-teaching faculty. The program is designed to complement academic programs by utilizing the unique resources of ORNL to enhance science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education, encourage careers in science and technology, and improve scientific literacy, while at the same time contributing to the ORNL mission.
- Appointments may be for 10 weeks in summer, six to 12 months sabbatical, or by academic semester; limited extensions may be available.
- Applications are accepted on a year-round basis.
- Full-time or part-time appointments may be offered.
- Selected participants engage in research or technical projects related to the Department of Energy’s ongoing research and development programs under the guidance of ORNL staff scientists or engineers.
- A monthly stipend based on the participant’s certified academic salary; part-time appointments will be prorated - verification required
- Limited travel reimbursement
- Be a member of the full-time teaching or non-teaching faculty at an accredited U.S. institution in a STEM field or related discipline
- Hold an advanced degree - verification required
- Be 18 years or older prior to the start of appointment
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident at the time of application - verification required
- Have medical insurance during appointment - verification required
Learn more about the HERE at ORNL – Faculty program at https://www.orau.org/ornl/hereatornl/faculty.htm.
Apply here: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/1970
For questions, please contact HERE@orau.org.