The applied arts and science program is a unique opportunity that allows students to customize their own degree. This major is ideal for individuals who have previous college-level learning, for current students who are interested in changing majors and becoming multidisciplinary, or for those who want to advance their career skills and expertise in several areas of knowledge.
$936 per credit hour (2017-18 AY)
60 credit hours required
A full-time student could finish the program in 2 years, and a part-time student could complete the program in 3 years.
Professional Concentration Options:
Organizational Change and Leadership
Health Systems Administration
- Leadership Consultant
- Finance Manager
- Equipment Engineer
- Senior Transmission Trainer
- Sr. Graphic and Web Design Specialist
- Human Resource Manager
- Marketing Director
- Video Game Product Manager
- Senior Communication Officer
- Residence Counselor
- Alpha Sigma Alpha
- Bank of America
- Trison Business Solutions, Inc.
- GE Digital Energy MDS
- National Grid
- Halfaker and Associates, LLC
- Rochester Midland Corporation
- Hardware Solutions Builders
- 95% of RIT graduates enter the workforce or continue to go on for further education
- RIT alums hail from more than 147 countries and work for more than 3,723 employers
- Upon graduation, you’ll become a member of the 121,000-strong RIT alumni community
- We build programs based on real-time employer demand
- The same faculty that teach on-campus, teach online
- RIT faculty have extensive experience in the classroom, in research, and in their professional fields
- We provide the same library services and resources, including a dedicated librarian, for online students
- Our career specialists provide advisement to help you plan, prepare for, and meet your career goals
- We provide enriched personalized academic advising
- You receive the same RIT credential as traditional on-campus graduates
Applications may be submitted any time during the year. For priority consideration, please submit all application materials a minimum of 6 weeks prior to your intended start date.
To be considered for admission to the associate of applied science in applied arts and science program, candidates must complete the online application form and fulfill the following requirements:
- If you have never attended college previously, we require a high school transcript or copy of your GED or other high school equivalency document
- If you have earned more than 30 semester credits or 45 quarter credits of college credit, you are required to send college transcripts only
- A test of English Language aptitude is required of all applicants and course registrants whose native language is not English. RIT accepts TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE exams. Applicants are exempt from submitting the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-Academic exams if they have worked or studied in the U.S. for the last two years or they are from countries and attended universities whose native language is English. These countries include: Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Canada, except Quebec, Commonwealth Caribbean, Dominica, Fiji, Ghana, Grand Cayman Islands, Grenada, Guyana, Irish Republic, Jamaica, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Sierra Leone, St. Kitt & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Swazilan, Tanzania, Tobago, Trinidad, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, except Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Certain countries are subject to comprehensive embargoes under US Export Controls, which prohibit virtually ALL exports, imports and other transactions without a license or other US Government authorization. Learners from Syria, Sudan, North Korea, the Crimea region of the Ukraine, Iran and Cuba may not register for RIT courses. Nor may individuals on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Commerce Department’s table of Deny Orders. By registering for RIT courses, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
- Request Information