In this course, you will examine the various areas of network security including intrusion detection, evidence collection and defense against cyber attacks.
The issues and facilities available to both the intruder and data network administrator will also be examined to illustrate their effect.
You will learn the principles and concepts of wired and wireless data network security. You will be guided through a series of laboratories and experiments in order to explore various mechanisms for securing data networks including physical layer mechanisms, filters, applications and encryption.
You will analyze attack/defend scenarios and determine the effectiveness of particular defense deployments against attacks.
This course is a part of RITx MicroMasters in Cybersecurity.
You will learn:
- How to identify when attacks are happening inside networks
- How to collect evidence of network intrusions
- How to test networks and systems for vulnerabilities
- How to design and implement network security policy
- How to prepare for and defend against network attacks
- Price $150 for verified track. No charge for audit.
Offering is offered on edX (can be taken alone or as part of the MicroMasters)
- Successful completion of CYBER501x.
- Recommendations only: This offering is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- Related Offerings
- Request Information