This capstone includes the evaluation of the competencies and performance tasks, which define a successful cybersecurity defense.
This capstone is part of the RITx Cybersecurity MicroMasters that is specifically designed to teach cybersecurity techniques and tools needed to effectively defend systems and networks of a corporate environment or enterprise.
In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential you will need to successfully earn a Verified Certificate in each of the four RITx Cybersecurity courses as well as pass this final capstone.
The capstone will test knowledge and skills across all 4 courses in the Cybersecurity MicroMasters. It will be virtually proctored and include hands-on lab exercises that are similar to the peer- or self-assessed homework lab exercises in the other four courses.
The live lab practical is to verify students’ hands-on ability of implementing security solutions in a real world setting. They include:
- Implement security solutions to computer systems and networks
- Perform a digital forensic investigation of a real world case
- Write a forensic investigation report that is admissible to a court
- Access security risk and design a mitigation plan for risk management in a corporate environment
- Price $600 for verified track. No charge for audit.
Delivered on edX online learning platform (can be taken alone or as part of the MicroMasters)
- Enrollment Restrictions
- Related Offerings
- Request Information