In today’s workplace, professionals don’t work alone, and rarely work with just one other person. More often, we are required to work in groups to strategize, design solutions, ideate, motivate, manage, and execute.
This offering, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, complements business communication skills and expands those competencies to provide a foundation for decision-making, consensus-building, and problem-solving within a group environment. In this offering, learners will analyze and evaluate their own experiences of leading and participating in teams, and will relate them to industry examples.
Topics in the offering also include:
- Team formation and development
- Building, leading, organizing, and motivating teams
- Managing conflict in groups to build productive professional relationships
- Collaboration among cross-functional teams
- Interpersonal relationship dynamics in small groups
You will learn:
- How to understand the complexities of group dynamics and interactions
- How to motivate by improving group climate
- How to develop skills in leadership, problem-solving, conflict management, and other critical group dynamics
- How to assess team effectiveness and success
Topics will also include:
- Best practices for written communication
- Conducting effective meetings
- Documentation and follow-up techniques
- Best practices for face-to-face, digital, and mediated communication
You will learn:
- How to critically evaluate your role in workplace interactions
- How to employ strategies for active listening
- How to ask questions that move conversations forward
- How to communicate ideas clearly and succinctly
- How to assess needs of clients and colleagues
- Best practices for face-to-face and remote communication
This offering may be audited free of charge. Learners also have the opportunity to earn a verified certificate of completion.
- Price $49 for verified track. No charge for audit.
Delivered on edX online learning platform (can be taken alone or as part of the Professional Certificate program)
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- Related Offerings
- Request Information