In today’s business environment, organizations have identified critical thinking and problem-solving as skills that are integral to an employee’s—and their organization’s—success. The most successful professionals can assess the environment, analyze a situation, design a solution, and ultimately win in a competitive scenario.
This offering, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, will demystify, discuss, and provide application techniques for critical thinking and problem-solving in a business context. Learners will draw connections to their work experience by analyzing and critiquing case studies. Best practices for problem-solving will be discussed and illustrated including how to weigh alternative solutions, incorporate feedback from stakeholders, and how and when to start over.
You will learn:
- How to perform strategic analysis and assessment
- How to perceive and assess a critical need and design a tailored solution
- How to identify key stakeholders and ensure their needs are met
- How to employ adaptive problem-solving
- How to work through obstacles collaboratively
- How to analyze failure to improve future performance
This offering may be audited free of charge. Learners also have the opportunity to earn a verified certificate of completion.
- Price $49 for verified track. No charge for audit.
This course section is open to RIT Online students.
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- Related Offerings
- Request Information