In today’s business environment, organizations have identified critical thinking and problem-solving as skills that are integral to an employee’s—and their organization’s—success. The most successful professionals can assess the environment, analyze a situation, design a solution, and ultimately win in a competitive scenario.
This offering, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, will demystify, discuss, and provide application techniques for critical thinking and problem-solving in a business context. Learners will draw connections to their work experience by analyzing and critiquing case studies. Best practices for problem-solving will be discussed and illustrated including how to weigh alternative solutions, incorporate feedback from stakeholders, and how and when to start over.
You will learn:
- How to perform strategic analysis and assessment
- How to perceive and assess a critical need and design a tailored solution
- How to identify key stakeholders and ensure their needs are met
- How to employ adaptive problem-solving
- How to work through obstacles collaboratively
- How to analyze failure to improve future performance
This offering may be audited free of charge. Learners also have the opportunity to earn a verified certificate of completion.
- Price $49 for verified track. No charge for audit.
Delivered on edX online learning platform (can be taken alone or as part of the Professional Certificate program)
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- Related Offerings
- Request Information