When asked, many people cite public speaking as one of their biggest fears. In fact, many renowned public speakers admit that they were once extremely anxious about speaking in front of groups.
Good public speaking is more than a performance. It is the result of:
- Critical thinking
- Well-organized narrative
In this offering, part of the Soft Skills Professional Certificate program, you will study methods that help to reduce anxiety, build confidence, and customize a process which will results in successful speaking experiences.
This offering is designed to equip you with knowledge of the principles necessary for formal public speaking with an emphasis on organization, evidence, language use, strategy, delivery, ethics, and effective use of media aids.
You will learn:
- How to apply the basic elements of the speech communication process
- Tools and methods for controlling public speaking anxiety
- How to craft a clear and impactful speech
- How to critique other communicators using the principles of this offering
- How to identify main and supporting ideas
This offering may be audited free of charge. Learners also have the opportunity to earn a verified certificate of completion.
- Price $49 for verified track. No charge for audit.
This course section is open to RIT Online students.
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- Related Offerings
- Request Information