This course provides an introduction to the foundational activities related to design thinking: a flexible, yet systematic process to define and solve problems. A common misconception is that design thinking requires artistry, but it is not centered on artistic principles. Design Thinking is a strategy and mindset that can be applied to any industry to solve problems.
As part of the Design Thinking MicroMasters® program, this course will explore methods used to evaluate problems, develop ideas, and create innovative solutions with the user in mind. Focusing on the importance of user understanding and the development of desirable, feasible, and viable ideas, this course will provide an overview of the design thinking process from end to end
What you'll learn:
- Describe the systematic process to define and solve problems
- Formulate ideas for problem solving
- Discuss solutions that integrate product configuration, functionality and user experience
- Identify the design thinking processes and methods
- Price $299 for verified track. No charge for audit.
- Recommendations only: This offering is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- Related Offerings
- Request Information