Designing a successful and innovative solution requires creative ideas and their iteration. As critical phases of the design thinking process, ideation and iteration are often what distinguish design thinking from traditional or linear problem-solving approaches. This course, part of the Design Thinking MicroMasters® program, will explain and provide context and instruction on essential ideation techniques such as:
- Mind mapping
- Role playing
- Concept sketching
- Model making
After ideation, the solution(s) that best address the original problem are chosen to present. This course will discuss best practices for selecting solutions and common pitfalls to avoid when communicating solutions to a client.
What you’ll learn:
- Discuss visualization techniques
- Ideation techniques to help arrive at the best solution
- How to select an appropriate visualization technique to present a solution
- Best practices for communicating ideas effectively using graphic techniques
- Price $200 for verified track. No charge for audit.
- Recommendations only: This offering is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful completion of THINK502x.
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- THINK501x: Design Thinking Fundamentals (0 credits)
- THINK502x: Design Thinking: Empathizing to Understand the Problem (0 credits)
- THINK504x: Design Thinking: Prototyping and User Testing (0 credits)
- THINK525x: Design Thinking Capstone (0 credits)
- Request Information