Creating prototypes puts a proposed solution into action. In this course, you will learn the value of prototypes and user testing as critical components of the design thinking process. You will examine case studies to understand the iterative process of prototyping and discover how new products and ideas can emerge as a result.
As part of the Design Thinking MicroMasters® program, you will study how to analyze and implement the results of user testing to ensure your solution can fully benefit from this inclusive and innovative process. Best practices for evaluating solutions will also be covered, including surveys, user evaluations, focus groups and interviews.
What you'll learn:
- Discuss different levels, options and tools for prototyping
- Select an appropriate prototyping technique
- Discuss methods of user testing and evaluation
- Interpret user feedback in relation to product/process development
- Evaluate an effective solution
- Price $299 for verified track. No charge for audit.
- Recommendations only: This offering is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful completion of THINK502x and THINK503x.
Enrollment restrictions are subject to change. Please contact us for assistance.
- THINK501x: Design Thinking Fundamentals (0 credits)
- THINK502x: Design Thinking: Empathizing to Understand the Problem (0 credits)
- THINK503x: Design Thinking: Ideation, Iteration and Communication (0 credits)
- THINK525x: Design Thinking Capstone (0 credits)
- Request Information