Essential leadership skills like decision-making, facilitating difficult conversations, and goal-setting all contribute to the emotional intelligence required for all levels of career success. In today’s business environment, communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are integral to a leader’s success in leading teams.
Ideal for new managers and requisite professional development for seasoned leaders, the Leadership Essentials Professional Certificate program focuses on essential skills employers value most, from communication in the workplace to strategic problem-solving.
In this program, you will learn about:
- Active listening, written, and verbal communication in the workplace
- Essential elements of collaboration and leading work groups and teams
- Best practices for performing a strategic analysis of a problem in the workplace
You will learn how to:
- Enhance and tailor written, verbal, and non-verbal communication to various workplace audiences, including managers, co-workers, direct reports, and clients.
- Improve critical thinking and listening skills to respond to the needs of various constituents in workplace settings.
- Develop skills in leadership, problem-solving, conflict management, and other critical group dynamics.
- Price $597 ($199 per offering) for verified track. No charge for audit
3 weeks per offering
- According to Burning Glass Labor Insights data, communication, problem-solving, and teamwork/collaboration are in the top 10 skills requested by employers. These skills comprise 75% of all foundational skills found in job postings.
- Higher-paying jobs are 44% more likely to request communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills. (Burning Glass Technologies)
- Research conducted with Fortune 500 CEOs by the Stanford Research Institute International and the Carnegie Mellon Foundation, found that 75% of long-term job success depends on people skills, while only 25% on technical knowledge.
"At CoreCentric Solutions, Inc., we’ve found that one of our key differentiators in the marketplace is our people, and more specifically, their broad range of skills. The employees who advance our organization and their own careers not only possess a high level of proficiency in their unique role, but are also adept at what are referred to as “soft” skills like leadership, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration. Truly agile organizations and professionals recognize the importance of these skills. The Leadership Essentials Professional Certificate program provides accessible, practical instruction on how a professional in any field can add these skills to their “toolbox” of capabilities."
— Badal Wadia, CEO, CoreCentric Solutions, Inc.
- Request Information