The student will satisfy the following requirements in order to graduate as a Chemistry Research Scholar:
- Graduate with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Do research with the same research mentor for at least three semsters (1 summer = 2 semesters).
- If the research is conducted within the School of Chemistry and Materials Science, the student will sign up for the "Advanced Chemistry Research" or "Advanced Biochemistry Research" for at least one semester.
- Obtain no grade lower than a B in research while in the program.
- Maintain a research laboratory notebook in accordance with standards set by the research mentor.
- Make at least one off-campus presentation
- The research student must also meet any other requirements and laboratory rules set by his or her research mentor.
- Final Submission of documentation to complete the Chemistry Research Scholar Program:
At the beginning of the last semester prior to graduation, the faculty research mentor will complete the Faculty Mentor Form attesting that the student has met the requirements of the program and is deserving of the designation Chemistry Research Scholar.
The Chemistry Research Scholars Committee will administer the program to include, acknowledging completed applications, assessing whether submitted documentation meets the specified criteria for the Research Scholars Program, and informing candidates of final decisions.