Security Education, Training, & Awareness
Information security is a complex and constantly changing field that individuals at every level of the organization need to keep pace with in order to keep RIT information resources secure. RIT offers the following education training and awareness programs to assist everyone from end user to system administrators to keep current with information security trends.
- The GCCIS Department of Computing Security provides a variety of information security courses at the graduate and undergraduate level.
- Orientation sessions: The ISO often provides introductory information security training and materials at new student and new employee orientations. Check out the Digital Self Defense Lightning Talks delivered at a recent new student orientation.
- Digital Self Defense training: Training specifically designed to help end users be secure. Visit the RIT Talent Roadmap to view the current course schedule or take online training.
- Custom training: The ISO will customize training based on a particular need. Please contact Ben Woelk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unfamiliar with information security? You can also find links to videos and articles covering information security here.
- The Information Security Office conducts a number of awareness campaigns throughout the year.
- We communicate regularly through the RIT Message Center with Alerts and Advisories to make the RIT community aware of current threats and vulnerabilities.
Information Security Awareness Resources
- Visit our Posters and Videos page for a selection of our current posters and to view student-produced videos from EDUCAUSE.