Casigliani Kyoto Dish Set 'Ivory'
A rare opportunity to own this iconic design! Lella and Massimo Vignelli designed the Kyoto set of melamine dishes in 1979 for Casigliani, the iconic Italian design manufacturer. The concept was to make a "clean pile of dirty dishes" at the end of a meal. All leftovers and flatware slide into the deep dish, one plate on top of the other, covered by a small dish at the top of the pile, and left on the table.
Lella and Massimo donated the last available new/old Casigliani dishes in their original boxes, made in Italy in 1979, to the Vignelli Center for Design Studies. The mission is to raise funds to engage guest designers and speakers to further the commitment to excellence in design education. A purchase supports the mission of the Vignelli Center for Design Studies and we thank you for your support.
- Certificate of Authenticity signed by Vignelli Center for Design Studies Archivist. Made in Italy
- New/old stock (1979) - no longer in production
- Melamine in original boxes
- 4 Dinner Dishes - 12" dia
- 4 Medium Bowls - 7.25" dia x 1.5" h
- 4 Small Dishes - 7.25" dia
- 1 Serving Bowl - 7.25 dia x 3.75" h
- 6 Cups + Saucers - cup - 3.75 dia x 3.75" h