Coming up in 2016
Featured events in the new year
Published Dec. 23, 2015
2016 is shaping up to be another busy and exciting year at RIT, affectionately referred to as Brick City because of the 15 million+ bricks on campus. From RIT men’s and women’s hockey through the winter to hosting a world Baja competition in the summer, there is plenty to see and do at RIT. Below is just a sampling of events.
- Jan. 8-9 - Men’s hockey vs. Canisius
- Jan. 15-16 - Women’s hockey vs. Penn State
- Jan. 28 - Expressions of Kings Legacy Celebration. Andrew Young, keynote speaker
- Feb. 10 – Graduation Fair. It’s 100 days until graduation! The fair is the one-stop shop for commencement information.
- Feb. 18-21 – FreezeFest, seventh annual winter celebration
- Feb. 26-28 – Women’s hockey, first round, College Hockey American playoffs
- March 2 - Spring Career Fair: Hundreds of companies meet with students and alumni for co-op/internships and full-time job opportunities.
- March 4-6 – Men’s hockey, first round, Atlantic Hockey playoffs
- March 24-26 – FIRST Robotics Finger Lakes Regional Competition
- April 7 – Outstanding Undergraduate Scholarship Awards Reception.
- April 14 – Creative Industry Day. Portfolio reviews, career speakers and professional networking.
- April 20 – Center for Statesmanship, Law, and Liberty third annual symposium.
- May 7 – Imagine RIT: Innovation and Creativity Festival
- May 20-21 – Commencement and Academic Convocation
- June 9-12 – Baja SAE World Competition
- June 14-16 – New Media Consortium international innovation conference
- July 22-23 – College and Careers
- Sept. 15-24 – Rochester Fringe Festival
- Sept. 24 – Fall Open House
- Sept. 29-Oct. 1 – Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers
- Nov. 12 – Fall Open House
- Dec. 2 – Fall Open House