Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ Plus IconWhat is the Academic Support Center?

The Academic Support Center (ASC) is an academic support unit within the Division of Student Affairs providing programs and services that include experiences for students in classroom settings, small group, individual, general study skills, tutoring, and tutor training.

FAQ Plus IconWho can use ASC services?

The Academic Support Center provides services for all RIT and RIT/NTID supported Baccalaureate and Graduate degree-seeking students. In addition, NTID’s Pre-Baccalaureate and AS (2+2), students can also access ASC services and should first discuss the services and options with their NTID Counselor/Academic Advisor.  Students enrolled in other NTID associates degree program (AAS or AOS) should first seek support from the NTID's Counseling and Academic Advising Services office to determine what university support services would be appropriate.

FAQ Plus Icon What kinds of services are offered by the ASC?

The ASC works in a variety of ways to increase students' effectiveness as learners. Students learn how to develop basic skills, enhance advanced skills, and cope with the academic environment. The ASC offers classes, workshops in study skills, and alternative learning strategies as well as a lab in mathematics and physics.

FAQ Plus Icon How do faculty and students know what classes and workshops are being offered?

Schedules for services and courses offered each term can be found on the ASC Website  or can be requested at

FAQ Plus IconWhat does it cost?

Most ASC services are free to all RIT students, faculty, and staff.
EMPOWER is a fee-based program.

FAQ Plus IconHow can faculty refer students to the ASC?

A student with academic needs in a particular area can be sent directly to the appropriate drop-in location or workshop. For information or for schedules of current offerings, students or faculty may go to the ASC office in Monroe 2080 (above Artesano Bakery and Cafe in Monroe Hall), or call 475-6682 (V/TTY). Faculty may also contact