Event Planning Checklist
Reserve your space at RIT Events
*Be sure to consider the following items when making your reservation:
- What size room is needed?
- How much time is needed for set-up?
- Should a rain date/location be reserved?
- Are multiple spaces needed?
Select the services required
(Facilities Management, Dining Services, Public Safety, etc.)
*Use Event Planning Logistics Checklist below to determine service needs
*Don’t forget to continue checking your event submission page on RIT Events. Additional information may be requested for service providers in order to approve the event. Contact any of the Event Management team with questions.
- Complete the Tiger Suite Financial Certification (this applies only to RIT clubs)
- Meet with Tiger Suite financial staff regarding club funds.
Where are the funds for this event coming from?
- Club Budget
- Member Contribution
- Student Government Finance Committee Request
- Fill out a Center for Campus Life Art Request for help creating communications & advertisements
- All designs must be approved for advertising. For approval, submit designs through the Design Approval Form located in Campus Groups.
- Fill out a Promotion Distribution Form to have communications posted throughout campus (hardcopies found in the Tiger Suite)
- Purchase supplies for event/preparation
Special Event Procedures/Agreements
*If the event includes any of the below components, please read and abide by the appropriate procedures.
- Car smash
- Dance Party Guidelines
- Sustainable Events Guidelines
- Animal Guidelines
Event Planning Logistics
- Specific room set up
- Size and quantity
- Trash cans
- Special lighting and/or sound equipment
- Stage or dance floor
- Technical needs
- Golf carts for transportation
Food & Beverages
- Food will be provided
- Brick City Catering
- Dining Express
- Outside Caterer
- Purchased Externally
- Food provided at no cost to attendees
*Must follow University Vendor Policy
- Event attendees include non-RIT community members
- Non-RIT attendees need designated parking
- Minors *Protecting minors on campus
- Money will be collected at the event *Cash handling protocol
- Event includes activities that could impose risk of injury to participants/spectators *Waivers & rules
- Third party vendors will be present at the event *Contracts/insurance