Recreation: General Building Policies
With recreational interests at an all-time high, we are fortunate to provide a variety of facilities, equipment and services to the RIT community. Approximately 550,000 participants take advantage of these programming opportunities at the Student Life Center and Field House every year!
General Policies for the Student Life Center and Field House:
- Valid RIT ID is required.
- Shirt and proper footwear are required.
- Use of cameras and video equipment is prohibited without prior approval.
- Patrons may utilize facilities consistent with their gender identity.
- Observe all emergency exit signage.
- Food and gum are prohibited in activity areas.
- Flyers and posters must be approved by management.
- Alcohol and tobacco use are prohibited.
- RIT is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Pets are prohibited (except for personal access).
- RIT members (age 16 and above) may sponsor up to 3 guests per day.
- Persons under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Infants and toddlers are not permitted in activity areas.
- Solicitation is prohibited.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and roller blades are prohibited.
- Private lessons for profit are prohibited.
- Martial arts and fencing activities are permitted during official club reservation times or sport specific activity class times. All instructors must have Center approval.
- Any behavior that compromises the safety or comforts of others will be addressed appropriately.
- Non-compliant individuals may be asked to leave the facilities or may have privileges suspended.
- Violation of rules included here or other policies posted on site, malicious use or defacing of property, spitting, solicitation, verbal abuse of employees or other violations of Institute policy will be investigated by staff, Public Safety and/or local authorities.
- Rules for specific areas are posted on site.