Giving to the CLCE
The Center for Leaderhsip and Civic Engagement prepares RIT students to exercise leadership as members of a rapidly changing global community. In support of our mission, we promote collaboration between RIT and the greater-Rochester community, cultivate the civic and political engagement of students, and support students' development of critical skills and competencies necessary for their success in work and in life. Gifts to the CLCE provide opportunities for students to participate in community engagement activities and to develop into active citizens and engaged leaders in their communities.
By the Numbers
- 1.5k: Since the launch of ROAR the Vote, over 1,500 RIT students have registered to vote through our on-line platform; there was also a 7% increase in the voting rate among RIT students and a 10% increase in the voting rate among registered students from 2012 to 2016. As a result, RIT has been named a Voter Friendly Campus for each of the past three years.
- 2.5k: On average, more than 2,500 RIT students perform community service locally, nationally, and internationally.
- 3.5k: Attendance at CLCE programs and events exceeded 3,500 students during the 2017/18 academic year; a 50% increase over the prior academic year.
- $50k: The CLCE awards over $50,000 in scholarships annually to students who are actively involved in the RIT or greater-Rochester communities.
- 70k: Hundreds of RIT community members have packaged and donated more than 70,000 meals to local foodbanks through our on-campus service projects.
- $150k: On average, RIT students donate more than $150,000 to community non-profits and charitable organizations.
- $500k: The economic value of the volunteer hours performed by RIT students on average. (source: https://independentsector.org/resource/vovt_details/)
- Step 1: Select "Other".
- Step 2: Select "Student Affairs".
- Step 3: Under "Additional Designations", select "edit"
- Step 4: From the drop down menu, select "Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement: Into the ROC" or "Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement"