New Student Orientation is a series of events, activities, and opportunities developed to assist students and their families in transitioning to life at RIT. We offer:
- New Student Orientation; a six-day program in August prior to the start of Fall semester courses.
- Spring Orientation; a one day event in January to get to know RIT and other new students prior to starting Spring semester courses.
- First-Year Students | Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- Transfer Students | Tuesday, August 20, 2019
- International Students | Sunday, August 18, 2019
- NTID's Summer Vestibule Program | Sunday, August 11, 2019
Orientation Program Schedules
- First-Year Students | Tuesday, August 20, 2019 through Sunday, August 25, 2019
- Transfer Students | Tuesday, August 20, 2019 through Sunday, August 25, 2019 OR Academic Day
- International Students | Monday, August 19, 2019 through Sunday, August 25, 2019
- NTID's Supper Vestibule Program | Monday, August 12, 2019 through Saturday, August 24, 2019
Fall semester classes will begin on Monday, August 26, 2019.
New Student Orientation is committed to providing programs and resources that welcome new students to our community. We strive to create an inclusive environment that encourages academic success, connections to others, and a sense of belonging within the RIT Tiger Family.
Statement of Values
- Helping students find and establish their place within the RIT community.
- Creating a caring environment where students can thrive.
- Promoting the development of the self-awareness and self-advocacy by identifying the necessary skills for success.
- Encouraging an inclusive environment where students respect and appreciate one another.
- Providing the foundation of exploration for students' holistic development.